Charles Barkley and Shaquille O’Neal are the best of frenemies. The two retired NBA vets have enjoyed a long-standing rivalry that extends back to their time on the basketball court. These days the bald and bold former athletes spend their time trading jabs as basketball commentators on TNT and it’s often more entertaining than the games. When they aren’t going at over who has more rings (Shaq 4, Charles 0) the two big men are snapping on their respective weight, endorsements and fighting skills.
Here are TheUrbanDaily.com’s Top 5 Shaq vs Charles Barkley moments.
5) BASKETBRAWL: In 1999 Charles Barkley began his last season in the NBA as a member of the Houston Rockets. During a November 10th game against their Western Conference rivals The L.A. Lakers things got chippy under the basket.
During one chippy play O’Neal blocked a layup by Barkley then shoved him, prompting Barkley to throw the ball at O’Neal. Both mean were ejected from the game and the Lakers won 89-88.
[ione_embed src=//www.youtube.com/embed/W0vCaZkULds service=youtube width=640 height=390 type=iframe]
4) TWEET DECKS: A dominant social media presence, Shaq looks for any chance to snap on Sir Charles on Twitter, especially since Barkley doesn’t have an account. On March 27th he wrote:
“Charles Barkley, your belly looks tired, you should rest [it] on the desk…”
Charles retaliated by making fun of the fact that Shaq makes money pushing products that make you fat.
“Oh my god, If [O’Neal] ever got my bank account, he would just kill himself,” Barkley said. “He’s on every commercial. He’s got enough lotion to last him the rest of his life. … [He’s] got that cream soda, spreading diabetes all across the world, as we speak. Got like 50 grams of soda in one can of that cream soda.”
[ione_embed src=//www.youtube.com/embed/Azhi1KB6Yvc service=youtube width=610 height=374 type=iframe]
On another occasion Shaq went on Instagram and posted a pic of Charles as a baby holding an iPad. Again, since he is not on social media he couldn’t respond there. So Conan O’Brien gave him an assist. Charles followed up with another slam dunk at Shaq’s endorsements with this 1-2 punch.
“I figured out why he keeps rubbing lotion all over his body, so he can fit his fat ass in a Buick.”
[ione_embed src=//www.youtube.com/embed/wnaIM6Zwi08 service=youtube width=630 height=360 type=iframe]
3) KUNG-FU HUSTLE : Charles has been training for MMA and decided take on Shaq-Fu in the most awkward moment in sports commentating history.
2) GENIE IN A BOTTLE: The Big Aristotle tried to get philosophical during one broadcast by quoting advice from Michael Jordan and Barkley snapped back that he should have advised him against making “Kazaam,” the 1996 box office dud where Shaq plays a genie.
[ione_embed src=//www.youtube.com/embed/7bBsCza_Hfk service=youtube width=630 height=379 type=iframe]
1) TRUTH HURTS: During one of Shaq’s many rants against All-Star center Dwight Howard, Barkley tells Shaq he’d have no rings without Kobe Bryant and Rick Fox.
“If it wasn’t for Kobe Bryant, you wouldn’t have everything,” Barkley said. “Why don’t you walk over to NBA TV studios and thank Rick Fox for getting you those rings?”
Shaq had no response.
[ione_embed src=//www.youtube.com/embed/L60L5IN2W9c service=youtube width=609 height=342 type=iframe]
Did we miss one? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!
More in Sports:
Colin Kaepernick Investigated For Sexual Assault
LeBron James: Struggle Rap Champion [NEW MUSIC]
Michael B. Jordan Shatters Ankles With Devastating Crossover [VIDEO]
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
[ione_facebook_like_box url_segment=theurbandaily height=”260″]
[ione_media_gallery src=”http://theurbandaily.com” id=”2933784″ overlay=”true”]