The UK invasion is real.
Singer/songwriter Jess Glynne became a household name in the States when she assisted British band Clean Bandit on their single “Rather Be” in early 2014. Just a few months later, “Rather Be” became an international smash hit, peaking on Billboard’s top 10 chart.
We caught up with the “Right Here” singer backstage at the Neiman Marcus SXSW showcase down in Austin, Texas. During our time together, Jess discussed becoming an international star, her forthcoming new single, and her thoughts on Kanye’s “All Day” performance at the 2015 Brit Awards.
Since her Clean Bandit collaboration was one of the most popular songs of this past year, we also decided to play a quick game of “Would You Rather.”
Watch our exclusive interview with Jess Glynne up top.
Artists From The UK We All Love (PHOTOS)
1. Charli XCX can be found at the Top of the Billboard Charts for Iggy Azalea's “Fancy"1 of 10
2. Ellie Goulding's "Lights" has been heard at almost every party you've been to.2 of 10
3. Jessie Ware is a great representation of amazing talent coming from the UK.3 of 10
4. Disclosure's debut album "Settle" has topped the Billboard charts as well.4 of 10
5. Sampha is one of the most talented singers and producers. You can find him on Drake's latest album "Nothing Was The Same.”5 of 10
6. FKA Twigs has a very promising career in the upcoming year, her cosmic style and soulful voice is remarkable.6 of 10
7. La Roux's "Bulletproof" was often sung by people who never even listened to Electronic music.7 of 10
8. Jessie J's "Price Tag" was heard everywhere, topping the Billboard charts.8 of 10
9. One of "R&B's Most Wanted," Ed Sheeran has definitely made a solid name in the music industry.9 of 10
10. Sam Smith's debut LP "In The Lonely Hour" immediately made it to the Top 10 Billboard charts.10 of 10
Jess Glynne Plays “Would You Rather,” Talks PDA, & Kanye West’s Brit Awards Performance was originally published on globalgrind.com